Policy and Statement
It is the policy of Dams Furniture (including Dams Holdings) to achieve and maintain the highest standard of quality in all aspects of our business. This quality policy statement sets out the organisation and arrangement of the company’s quality management systems.
Dams is a privately owned manufacturer and wholesaler of office furniture, operating from Knowsley, Merseyside, UK, with an annual turnover that exceeds £40M..Dams regard quality standards as an integral part of the business and acknowledge that high standards of quality contribute to the overall performance of the company.
The objective of Dams Furniture is to manufacture and provide a range of high quality office furniture and related services at a competitive price. To achieve this objective, the organisation will maintain an effective and efficient Quality Management System based upon the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
In particular, the organisation will:
- Establish measurable quality and business objectives that are consistent with the context and strategic direction of the organisation and address risks and opportunities associated with them;
- Ensure quality objectives help the organisation achieve customer requirements by:
- providing a high standard of customer service for all aspects of the order process
- continually looking to improve internal performance and reduce defects
- working with and regularly reviewing suppliers to maintain the highest standards and reliability
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of its business processes and objectives through management reviews and the internal audit process;
- Proactively seek feedback from customers on how well its products and services meet their requirements and set objectives for continual improvement;
- Analyse the causes of any complaint or problem, and take appropriate action to prevent recurrence;
- Select and work closely with suppliers who enable the organisation to create and deliver a reliable performance;
- Recruit employees who are customer-focused and support them with appropriate training and systems to ensure their competence always meets the organisation’s requirements;
- Provide a work environment that promotes the wellbeing of its employees and encourages positive teamwork;
- Encourage all employees to identify problems and make suggestions to improve all aspects of the organisation’s products, services and business processes;
- Ensure that all employees are aware of the Quality Policy and are committed to the effective implementation of the Quality Management System;
- Ensure that the organisation complies with all necessary regulatory and legal requirements.
The continual improvement of the organisation’s Quality Management System is fundamental to the success of its business, and must be supported by all employees as an integral part of their daily work.
Date written: 24/07/2019
Date reviewed: 23/06/2020