The objective of Dams Furniture is to manufacture and provide a range of high-quality office-based furniture and related services at a competitive price. To achieve this objective, the organisation will continuously improve and maintain an effective and efficient Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance based upon the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
Dams Furniture Ltd recognises that its business activities interact with the environment in a variety of ways. These activities have a significant impact in the key areas of:
- Use of natural resources;
- Waste production and disposal;
- Energy use.
The organisation recognises that it has a responsibility to help protect the environment wherever it has an opportunity to do so, to be a responsible neighbour, and to provide a comfortable environment for its employees to work in.
As such, the organisation is committed to protect the environment by:
- Continual improvement in the environmental impact of its business activities (including managing our chemical usage, greenhouse gas generation, and water usage);
- Improving the environmental sustainability of our products and services.
- Preventing pollution of air, water and land;
- Complying with all relevant legal, customer, and other third party requirements;
- Establishing measurable environmental and business objectives that are consistent with the context and strategic direction of the organisation and addressing risks and opportunities associated with them;
- Achieving objectives to help minimise its environmental impact;
- Adopting best practices applicable to its activities wherever practicable.
The organisation will achieve these commitments by:
- Implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 14001:2015;
- Employing processes that identify the aspects of the organisation’s business that have an environmental impact and quantifying the significance of each aspect;
- Maintaining an environmental performance improvement programme to enable the organisation’s objectives to be achieved;
- Ensuring that its employees, suppliers and customers are aware of their role in supporting the organisation’s commitments, environmental objectives, and sustainable consumption;
- Training its employees in good environmental protection practices and encouraging employee involvement in environmental improvement initiatives;
- Reducing and managing our energy use and greenhouse gas generation;
- Managing our usage of hazardous chemicals;
- Reducing the environmental impact of our products with sustainable procurement and design;
- Reducing and managing our use of natural resources;
- Employing waste hierarchy principles wherever possible (Prevention, Re-use, Recycling, Recovery, Disposal) and improve utilisation of materials in both the manufacturing and lifecycle of our products;
- Continually monitoring the environmental impact of its business activities.
The implementation of this policy is fundamental to the success of the organisation’s business and must be supported by all employees as an integral part of their daily work. This policy is publicly available to interested external parties upon request.
Signed on behalf of Dams Furniture Ltd.
Position: Managing Director Date reviewed: 14/06/2023